Adults Ages 60-74 years
Description: Eat Smart Live Strong is an evidence-based program that consists of four interactive sessions that aim to improve overall health and well-being. Participants will talk about easy ways to add fruits and vegetables to their daily intake, make healthier food choices, and exercise more. Participants will also learn easy ways to substitute ingredients in traditional recipes to make the food they prepare even healthier.
Goal: To increase participants’ intake of fruits and vegetables as well as their level of physical activity
through goal setting and group support.
Benefits for Participants:
- Instruction by a trained nutrition professional
- Interactive, fun, and engaging activities
- Opportunities to learn new tips for shopping on a budget
- Goal setting
- Modifying classic dishes with healthy twists
- Tips for eating healthy on a budget
- Importance of being physically active most days
For More Information contact your local Healthy Maine Partnership or contact Maine SNAP-Ed
at 207-221-4560 or Mainesnapemail@example.com